Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

/Event bugs + suggestions

Enthalpy

Trailblazer
Hi all,

First off I want to say now that /event is re released this is a major step in Desteria retrieving majority of its player base back.

Bugs that I have noticed on Event
- When duels are going on you are not able to do ./spec (name) It says that you are missing a permission (https://gyazo.com/eaa4939881c9ab26b5336ef5885b065b)
- When you spawn into FFA you sometimes will spawn in without gear or with our pots, Although this glitch is rare to appear I was not able to get a proper screenshot
- The new LAC will prevent you from moving at time (Lucy mentioned this in a previous post if I'm not mistaken)
- In /duels some pots do not work (After splashing the pot it wont heal you)
- During /duels at times ender pearls may not work.
- Kits needs to be revamped, Since you dont loose hunger you have steak for no reason which takes up a extra slot
- Arenas do not clear items (e.g arrows) after a new duel starts.
-/ Ping which could either show on the score board of the person you are fighting and your ping.

Suggestions for the near future of /event
- A Spleef event, There were spleef events that were run in the past on Desteria. These spleef events were always a load of fun where there were 25-50ppl playing.
- A 5v5 pvp event, The rule of this event would be that you can only bring 5 people from your faction to fight, The reward would be a store gift card and a global custom title of your team name.
- Im going to link Ledo's suggestion from a while ago as it sums up this event (https://desteria.com/community/threads/fotm-faction-of-the-map.98822/)
- Massive global KOTH event, Each faction can log on 10 players that will try and capture the KOTH. The reward would be 10 godly keys on the realm your fac is from and a global title.
- Hide and Seek event, This event was ran in the past and people found loads of fun try to hide from the seeks. The seekers where staff members and some ET players. Although the last time the event was ran the hiding area was really small for the 50ppl playing (I won this event so watch out :) )
- Realm vs Realm event, Every f top 1 faction from each realm would form together to see which realm is the better realm. Each f top 1 faction would be tested in Cannoning / Pvp / Patching, The judges of the event would be Staff / ET members
- Sumo event, It would be a 1v1 sumo event and the winner would receive a store gift card and a title
- Parkour event, First to the top wins. There would be 3 stages of parkour and who ever has the most points wins (e.g 1st = 5points, 2nd = 4points, 3rd = 3points, 4th = 2points, 5th = 1points.)
- Hunger games event would be really cool, Have a massive war zone with chests similar to dragon drops that will randomly spawn chests that have progressively better loot as the game goes on.

Credit to - https://desteria.com/community/threads/pvp-events-credits-to-rumai-for-inspiration.102348/

Anyways I have alot more idea that would be very cool to implement onto event team.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread,
Enthalpy :)

Last edited:

Hitmaka

Crusader
- A 5v5 pvp event, The rule of this event would be that you can only bring 5 people from your faction to fight, The reward would be a store gift card and a global custom title of your team name.
Massive global KOTH event, Each faction can log on 10 players that will try and capture the KOTH. The reward would be 10 godly keys on the realm your fac is from and a global title.
nice stealing my ideas gg

lahmayo

Crusader
Let me give your deserved credit as your ideas where posted before mine... My apologizes
apologies*
also not only do pearls not work close range and still give you a cooldown, they also do like 2+ hearts of damage making them completely useless because the whole point of pearls on no debuff is to agro someone which doesnt work when it takes all your health away

Lucy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Event Team
Content Team
When you spawn into FFA you sometimes will spawn in without gear or with our pots, Although this glitch is rare to appear I was not able to get a proper screenshot
The reason this happens os because we have to work with command blocks for this. If someone presses the button and another user runs in, they will get tped without armor. As the signs say, only one at a time/keep distance.

When duels are going on you are not able to do ./spec (name) It says that you are missing a permission (https://gyazo.com/eaa4939881c9ab26b5336ef5885b065b)
Noted on our dev board, something I'll need Lemon to fix in terms of perms (same as the /duel command for the help list)

The new LAC will prevent you from moving at time (Lucy mentioned this in a previous post if I'm not mistaken)
This is a bit too vague for us to look more into this. I'm aware of rubberbanding on carpets in 1.7.10 but what is this about exactly? Do you have a video?

In /duels some pots do not work (After splashing the pot it wont heal you)
- During /duels at times ender pearls may not work
Again when you report these bugs we need way more detail than that, although we've tested these and figured most out already. Only need for Lemon to find out where the issue in the plugins is.

Kits needs to be revamped, Since you dont loose hunger you have steak for no reason which takes up a extra slot
- Arenas do not clear items (e.g arrows) after a new duel starts.
I've actually changed the Hunger already and people should need to eat steak normally now.
The dropped items issue is something I'm probably able to fix with regions, I'll note it down, thanks.

-/ Ping which could either show on the score board of the person you are fighting and your ping
I don't quite understand what the bug here is?

Thanks for reporting all these bugs to us, I'll work on getting them fixed as soon as possible.