Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmymerh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Event Team
Content Team
I got muted for saying something a staff member said not to say! Wow!

Carbon

Helper
Blatent disobedience of a staff member should be mutable, yes. But for things that don't really hurt the playerbase? No.
I don't know the terms of this mute, but if you take a step back and look at it, more harm to the playerbase came from this then good.

Lucy

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Event Team
Content Team
Hey sorry but as far as I understand the situation a giveaway was being held which resulted in a big number spam.
Considering the staff member gave out a warning against any group spam and you chose to participate nonetheless, this is a justified mute.
I'm sorry man, just be careful about such group spam next time

Yairton Said, Whoever says The Answer To 2 + 1 - 3 = Gets 500 Tokens. And He Said To Not Message Him. How Exactly Is That My Fault. Yairton Is The 1 Who Was Promoting It

Carbon

Helper
Hey sorry but as far as I understand the situation a giveaway was being held which resulted in a big number spam.
Considering the staff member gave out a warning against any group spam and you chose to participate nonetheless, this is a justified mute.
I'm sorry man, just be careful about such group spam next time
Changing my oppinion, this was the correct thing to do. Thank you for supplying more information.

Carbon

Helper
I would like to encourage the poster that if they would like to dispute their mute. This is not the correct place to do it. Please contact a staff member on discord.

Emmymerh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Event Team
Content Team
Whispers *(yairton also got muted for inciting spam)* But once again, who should you listen to? A player thats going to make you break the rules or the staff who is trying not to mute part of the server for not listening to them after a warning...

Lucy

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Event Team
Content Team
And How Did This AFfect Any1 So Much, That I Got A 2 Day Mute
So basically the entire situation falls under this rule http://prntscr.com/mjqot4.
By this rule we are supposed to (optionally) warn and mute anyone that encourages or joins group spam which is what happened here.
The fact that your mute ended up being 2 days long is due to your previous mute history where your third mute is an automatic 48 hour mute. As Carbon said, the system automatically extends these.
Anyhow, as I said above I'm sorry that you got muted but please pay close attention to warnings from staff members next time and hopefully we can avoid another situation like this one.

Carbon

Helper
So basically the entire situation falls under this rule http://prntscr.com/mjqot4.
By this rule we are supposed to (optionally) warn and mute anyone that encourages or joins group spam which is what happened here.
The fact that your mute ended up being 2 days long is due to your previous mute history where your third mute is an automatic 48 hour mute. As Carbon said, the system automatically extends these.
Anyhow, as I said above I'm sorry that you got muted but please pay close attention to warnings from staff members next time and hopefully we can avoid another situation like this one.
I would like to assume this wasn't the only person punished? But the only person who made a thread?

Lucy

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Event Team
Content Team
I would like to assume this wasn't the only person punished? But the only person who made a thread?
Yup, a large amount of people were muted in this including the person encouraging the spam.

Carbon

Helper
Yairton Said, Whoever says The Answer To 2 + 1 - 3 = Gets 500 Tokens. And He Said To Not Message Him. How Exactly Is That My Fault. Yairton Is The 1 Who Was Promoting I
If your friends told you to jump off a bridge, would you?
If you're driving and your friend tells you to hit the person crossing the street, do you?
Hopefully both of the answers to these questions are no. But if they were yes, then you would be charged to the full extent of the law.

Ganp

Explorer
In ny opinion no one should've get muted,everyone enjoyed it,it didnt hurt anyone and it gave noobs a chance to shine,so why had @Emmymerh care so much about the spam?
Smoking weed is illegal in most of the countries,people still smoke weed and even cops do(i know some personally),sometimes people's feelings are beyond some rules,and if everyone enjoyed it then why not?
It didnt do anything bad to the server but spamming(which no one complained about)
And by the way,laws and rules are made for the people,so if it doesn't hurt the people,why not?
[doublepost=1549916512,1549916379][/doublepost]Everyone loved it,there was no reason to mute.

Emmymerh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Event Team
Content Team
Well then since everyone loves cheating i guess we shouldnt be banning hackers then?

Status
Not open for further replies.