JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Helper Application - Tqsteful

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James

Personal Information
Minecraft Username: Tqsteful
Previous Minecraft Usernames: I previously owned the account GameWinningKill, which has 100+ hours. I can't access this account anymore for an odd reason.
Current Age: I am 18 years old. I was born on the 27th of June in 1999.
Timezone/Country: GMT+1. Netherlands, Europe.

Desteria Information
Average Daily Hours:
I approximately spend 3 to 4 hours daily on Desteria.
Main Realm(s): Krynn
Date Joined Desteria: Jan 22, 2017
Faction Name(s): N/A

Detailed Questions
Have you ever been punished or banned on Desteria? If so, why - and why should this not affect your chances?

Yes I previously received multiple punishments on the Desteria Network. Once I made it through the application process the Administration Team did a background check, including looking through the list of accounts that were linked to me. There was an account linked to me that was banned for hacking so I ended up getting removed from the team and banned for ban evading. I got banned of Shoutbox after an argument with an Admin. It was in the heat of the moment and I said certain things I regret a lot. It hurted another player and I apologized for my behaviour. I think that Admin and I are no longer in conflict.

Since all of this I changed as a person, I became more mature. I made it through the application process before, I applied because I wanted to serve this community, after getting removed from the team and banned of the server I felt like I abandoned the community. Whenever I would get unbanned, I would attempt to get staff again and redeem myself. It's been a long time since all these conflicts occurred and I believe they certainly don't affect my chances now.

everyone deserves a second chance, I'm asking you all for one by submitting this application.

From everything you’ve learned about this position, players and our server, tell us how you feel you’d make a contribution.
The main personal goal I would like to achieve as a member of the Desteria staff team is to help improve the server. I believe I have the ability to bring new ideas to the table, in order to keep the server interesting and dynamic through further updates and events. I feel there is always room for improvement, despite my extensive knowledge and experience related to the Factions communities, in which I am very well known. I will always do my best to improve my staffing abilities and endeavour to help out wherever necessary.

If you could start as a new player again, what would you do differently? What mistakes were made, and what have you learned?
If I was able to start fresh with the knowledge I have now, It would help me get through numerous obstacles I experienced during my application process and the first few months on the server. Looking back I was just not mature enough and not ready for the things I applied for. I am still glad I came to this server, it's an interesting community. From my previous experiences on this server I learned how to sometimes back off and leave certain situations be and take my time to get a full view and then solve the issue. I usually tried to solve an issue without knowing everything about the situation, this resulted in me making mistakes.

Do you frequently use our TeamSpeak and have a working microphone?
I frequently use your Discord server, I do have a good working microphone.

Do you have any previous experience with moderation/staffing on servers? (Tell us about it if you have)
CorinthMC [Minigames] [Resigned] - Staff Manager
UnitMC [Factions] [Resigned] - Community Manager
Farenway [Towny Survival] - Community Manager
Flight - Community Manager
TheRegionMC [Factions] [Demoted]- Helper & Builder
TWDS [Minigames] [Resigned] - Builder
LoreMC [Factions] [Demoted] - Moderator

I made it through the application process on Desteria before. https://prnt.sc/fo6oxv

I started staffing about three years ago when one of my friends created a server and asked me to co-own it. I enjoyed providing aid to players with various issues wherever it was necessary. I ended up breaking that friendship and moved on with my life.

Staffing on Minecraft servers taught me how to be more mature as a person and be professional when taking care of a large community. I worked on plenty of servers, each one I had to deal with different situations that required certain skills that I learned by staffing on multiple servers. I am experienced with Moderation and Administration, such tasks include Staff Management, Community Management, Basic GFX, Writing Documents, Reviewing and Handling Documents, Reviewing and Handling Reports/Appeals/Applications, Purchase Support, Basic Xenforo Management, Staff Recruitment, use of World Edit and use of Voxelsniper.

What issues / situations frustrate you the most on Desteria?
there are no things that frustrate me at the moment. I think everything is going well.

Why should we choose you as staff over somebody else?
Within a staff position, I am aware that I would have to moderate the chat and aid players with various issues they come across. I feel that I have the ability to do this in a diplomatic and cooperative manner, which would enable me to make players feel more comfortable to ask for assistance when it is needed. I am able to operate in a unprejudiced and objective method of thinking that will allow me to perform a staff role without bias and ensure that everyone is included.

Is there any other information you might think is useful for us to know / is there anything else we should know?
English is not my first language so I would like to apologize for any grammar/spelling mistakes throughout my staff application. Thank You for reading my application.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Norman

Crusader
+1111111 finally this guy applied he’s the best
[doublepost=1514042059,1513991657][/doublepost]
+1111111 finally this guy applied he’s the best
Also I think it would be good to have some more staff that are from foreign countries <3

EthoGames

Backpacker
I've seen you on a lot and you are very approachable in general, over the past month or two that I've seen you I haven't seen you be rude or toxic one bit +1 from me,
Might even be better suited for staff than me... Jk lol I know I'm not that amazing. Your experience being manager on other servers also make it very clear that you are a wise choice and as you have been builder you could help build some cool stuff! Good luck bud I'll cya around!

J

James

I've seen you on a lot and you are very approachable in general, over the past month or two that I've seen you I haven't seen you be rude or toxic one bit +1 from me,
Might even be better suited for staff than me... Jk lol I know I'm not that amazing. Your experience being manager on other servers also make it very clear that you are a wise choice and as you have been builder you could help build some cool stuff! Good luck bud I'll cya around!
Thank You for your kind words Etho <3

A

Ashton

Solid +1 from me, I see you on quite often and you're extremely helpful. Good luck mate.

Fluffy

Ambassador
I'm someone who believes a lot in second chances. I've seen you around and talked to you plenty in the past, now a lot of that might not have been friendly, however if you're willing to put in the work and make a difference here I don't see why you won't be accepted. Just don't do what you did last time. :)
+1 good luck :)

moveback

Trailblazer
hey James
I think that you are cool, active and have a hella ton of experience staffing

it comes to my attention you have also spent a fair bit of time on this app too

but unfortunately I’m going to have to give you a

+1!!

Hoisting

Trailblazer
+1 loads of experience and a really cool guy to talk to, hope he gets staff and seems fit for the job if not over qualified

Gxrm

Backpacker
Detail response/application. Looks like you’ve had tons of expierience on Desteria, best of luck. +1

J

James

Detail response/application. Looks like you’ve had tons of expierience on Desteria, best of luck. +1
+1 loads of experience and a really cool guy to talk to, hope he gets staff and seems fit for the job if not over qualified
+1 seems legit ngl
hey James
I think that you are cool, active and have a hella ton of experience staffing

it comes to my attention you have also spent a fair bit of time on this app too

but unfortunately I’m going to have to give you a

+1!!
Thanks guys, means a lot to me.

Xotha

Trailblazer
Easy +1, really active in game and on forums, and surprisingly in discord as well, he's a really chill and friendly person, Good luck nerd :p

He knows De wae my brudda's

Last edited:

Brexit

Nobility
Very good app and he tries his best to help people on all platforms of the server.
+1 Good luck dude :D

Status
Not open for further replies.