Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Hit Registration literal WTF

Arpz

Recruit
Staff member
Recruit
Yea FFA for some reason gives you a higher ping which results in the dodgy hit detection.

Lucy

Operator
Staff member
Operator
Event Team
Content Team
Yea FFA for some reason gives you a higher ping which results in the dodgy hit detection.
nah
Looks like it’s client side.
It's actually FFA sided.
I'm not exactly sure which plugin is responsible for this but I believe a certain anticheat or the like occasionally blocks hits. We've tested this before and Justin can confirm that it blocks hits on purpose. This is still one of the ongoing issues that we are going to have to fix before we can consider FFA fully done.
So yes, we are aware that the hit registration on FFA doesn't work as intended and need to fix that but other issues have priority at the moment.

JMan

Ambassador
FFA is in a state of disrepair. Has been for a quite a while.
This kind of thing doesn't happen on the realms right? lol

Lucy

Operator
Staff member
Operator
Event Team
Content Team
This kind of thing doesn't happen on the realms right? lol
As far as I'm aware it's not on the realms and I've also not gotten any reports of it happening on the main realms so we all good.
Definitely not on the main realms.

Halogen

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Content Team
nah

It's actually FFA sided.
I'm not exactly sure which plugin is responsible for this but I believe a certain anticheat or the like occasionally blocks hits. We've tested this before and Justin can confirm that it blocks hits on purpose. This is still one of the ongoing issues that we are going to have to fix before we can consider FFA fully done.
So yes, we are aware that the hit registration on FFA doesn't work as intended and need to fix that but other issues have priority at the moment.
Learning something new everyday.

kozux

Citizen
As far as I'm aware it's not on the realms and I've also not gotten any reports of it happening on the main realms so we all good.
Definitely not on the main realms.
people have bad hit registration on all realms, when i pvp my high ping results in the opponent not being able to hit me. Yet i can still hit them. So it’s a general server plugin that’s causing the issue so you guys need to look into that.

Halogen

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Content Team
people have bad hit registration on all realms, when i pvp my high ping results in the opponent not being able to hit me. Yet i can still hit them. So it’s a general server plugin that’s causing the issue so you guys need to look into that.
I personally don’t experience any hit registration bugs on realms too often whatsoever, even with my 190ms. Either the DAC or Spigot config needs revision to make sure they’re not messing things up (These are the two most common plugins that carry server-side hit detection issues).

Derplington

Explorer
nah

It's actually FFA sided.
c; 'anticheat'