Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

/Raid [Faction Name] (Grace Period Online Raids)

Bradyy

Trailblazer
Essential Information
  • Minecraft Username: 5ug
  • Realm or Service: Besen
Suggestion Information
  • Thread Title:
    /Raid [Faction Name] (Grace Period Online Raids)

• Description:
    Having all explosives off are for the noobs to get a good start off, I get it. But at the same time it makes the whole week completely boring. I don't even log on until wartime starts because whats there to do? Sell and then what. With only 30 people on at all times there barely isn't any pvp.

Now this might be a stupid idea, it was just a random thought I had but lets just say there was a command that lets you 'duel'
    a faction and there's a timer like

"Goons (Leader: 5ug) has dueled your faction. Tnt will be enabled in your territory in (Certain said time)"

I'd say 30 minutes to let everyone be prepared.

After the duel has started. Any TNT in the two factions that are dueling are able to explode and break blocks.

The raid can then have a due time to expiring like 2-3 hours, maybe more/less depending on everyone's thoughts.

Just to add on, this is only for when wartime is off, once wartime starts tnt is enabled everywhere like normal but this adds a little bit of action to the grace.

This would be too OP if you could just duel every faction you find so instead of letting a faction just duel everyone there can be a limit of how many duels you can have per week (Probably around 2-3) most likely 2.

I know the Grace Period was made for letting noobs have a chance, so instead of letting factions just duel noobs, you can also make it so that factions that were recently created (1/2 weeks) are unable to be dueled.

The server is kind of dead, 60 players on the whole server combined (most likely most are alts) not much to be done, instead make it fun for the people who are still playing.

• What would your suggestion improve?:
    It would make things more fun for the people who are playing, also makes online raiding the main focus.

At the rate its going right now, i'm just going to win another free title with no comp and that's no fun

• Image/Video (Link):

Onliest

Explorer
Very interesting suggestion, but I have one question, is it a consensual duel? Or is it a force raid type thing? The way you spoke of it made it sounds like it's force raid, but I'm not sure. Either way, +1, sounds really good.

Bradyy

Trailblazer
Very interesting suggestion, but I have one question, is it a consensual duel? Or is it a force raid type thing? The way you spoke of it made it sounds like it's force raid, but I'm not sure. Either way, +1, sounds really good.
It would be a force raid, no one would accept a duel if they are getting raided unless there was a fee to not accepting a duel which could also be a cool concept.

This is a really cool idea! There are so many bases I find myself making homes at and having to wait until wartime starts to actually raid them. It just clutters all my limited 6 homes.

Arpz

Recruit
Staff member
Recruit
+1 , I like this idea due to it's plain and simple ingenuity, I do like the concept of having a sort of /duel sort of thing with other factions but I do feel like this needs to be a consensual duel where if lets say you /dueled my faction, I would either A, have to accept it and have around 30 mins preparation time for the raid or B if I don't respond to the challenge within lets say an hour the faction would have 1 million dollars worth of money taken out of its faction bank and given to the challenger (in this case you) or option C in the case where the challenged faction denies the duel from the enemy faction, the faction loses one of its maximum challenges denies per week (2 challenge denies allowed per faction each week). Also to partake in this /duel feature, a faction should only be challenged once it has an FTop value of over 1 million dollars or something (up for debate). There is definitely more room for refining this suggestion so please do not hesitate to let me know your thought on my additional suggestions that I've made.

Juicey

Trailblazer
They're trying to make the "non comp" realms (Besen/Auren/Caden) friendlier for new players to get a start on the server. This suggestion doesn't have a chance of being implemented :p

Bradyy

Trailblazer
They're trying to make the "non comp" realms (Besen/Auren/Caden) friendlier for new players to get a start on the server. This suggestion doesn't have a chance of being implemented :p
You clearly didnt read all of it

Bradyy

Trailblazer
I clearly didn't have to. If you think they're going to go for this then you should make another suggestion about readding event.
the chances are low yeah but i explained why new players/noobs would be able to not be affected by this.

Juicey

Trailblazer
the chances are low yeah but i explained why new players/noobs would be able to not be affected by this.
The fee?... Which noob/new players wouldn't be able to afford? The "limit" you're suggesting just plainly wouldn't work due to any faction older than a week being able to easily make an alt faction as a tnt bank with their own weekly duels..alts are a thing. Overall I can't see any way to make this a balanced addition to grace.

Ace

Crusader
The fee?...
No
I know the Grace Period was made for letting noobs have a chance, so instead of letting factions just duel noobs, you can also make it so that factions that were recently created (1/2 weeks) are unable to be dueled.
The idea as a whole isn't perfect, but I +1ed it so the thread would at least get Omega to start thinking of ways to make weekdays a little more fun. As you mentioned earlier, I don't think event is the solution.

Juicey

Trailblazer
Problem being the "grace" was put in place to let new players have an easy realm to play on where they only really have to worry a few days a week and not the entire week. Expecting new players to learn everything and prepare themselves in the first week or two
just ruins the entire point of having a war time/peace time because like I said previously any decent faction will get alt facs with decent banks to get around a duel limit and just bully whatever faction they feel like. No one can convince me the toxic ass top factions on the realms would purely target enemies with value with their duels vs bullying small new factions because they can.

Ace

Crusader
Problem being the "grace" was put in place to let new players have an easy realm to play on where they only really have to worry a few days a week and not the entire week. Expecting new players to learn everything and prepare themselves in the first week or two
just ruins the entire point of having a war time/peace time because like I said previously any decent faction will get alt facs with decent banks to get around a duel limit and just bully whatever faction they feel like. No one can convince me the toxic ass top factions on the realms would purely target enemies with value with their duels vs bullying small new factions because they can.
I said the idea isn't perfect, but weekdays are boring and I don't think bringing back event realm is the best solution.

Jayqt

Backpacker
I like this idea, i think they should implement a minimum players online in the faction that's getting duel requested tho. like if a faction has 2 people on and a 10 man fac comes and duels them its lights out.