Update The Token Shop

Essential Information
  • Minecraft Username: Bootleg_Banshee
  • Realm or Service: Desteria (all)
Suggestion Information
  • Thread Title:
    Update The Token Shop
  • Description:

Alright, so let's face it, the token shop is a little bit useless. There are not many good things to choose from when it comes to the items for sale. There's keys, explosives, spawners, etc. The problem is, we can already get half this stuff from dragon drop. And if you go to dragon drop, clicking on one chest will most likely get you more of these items than buying them with tokens will. The lower end spawners like pig, sheep, and skeleton should be removed since obtaining these from dragon drop is just too easy now. The crate keys can stay because those are pretty useful. The hoppers can also stay since obtaining them from dd is a little less easy. The money vouchers and tools can also stay.

Basically, most of the stuff can stay. They just need to add more to the shop because it just feels so bland. Maybe add something like a vote fly voucher where there are different time lengths for different prices in tokens for being able to fly without having to wait another day to vote again. I can't really think of any other things, but I just feel as if the token shop really needs to be updated. I have over 3,000 tokens and don't know what to use them on because the shop isn't that good in my opinion.
  • What would your suggestion improve?:
    People actually wanting to use tokens on stuff and making tokens useful.
  • Image/Video (Link):

Last edited:

Selectique

Peasant
They should atleast some new spawners like Zombie Pigmen , Villagers and Iron Golemn and maybe scrolls , mcmmo credits , new armour and weapons etc.

Jayqt

Backpacker
made a suggestion like this a while back about updating the token shop to include purchasable xp, i agree wholeheartedly. +1

Arpz

Recruit
Staff member
Recruit
+1 good suggestion, Yes it's true that the token shop has been the same for quite a while now, back then it was more suitable and was actually useful because you couldn't get semtex and grenades from dragon drops, whereas now you can. I do like the idea of possibly having a vote fly note that you could buy in exchange for some tokens, there could also possibly be addition of trading tokens for an X amount of essence since the zealot armor sets have also been updated are more appealing for use. If you have any other ideas along these lines then please do feel free to discuss it so we can reach a more refined list of things that can be added into the token shop for possible later implementation in-game. But overall this is a good start to the suggestion.

+1 good suggestion, Yes it's true that the token shop has been the same for quite a while now, back then it was more suitable and was actually useful because you couldn't get semtex and grenades from dragon drops, whereas now you can. I do like the idea of possibly having a vote fly note that you could buy in exchange for some tokens, there could also possibly be addition of trading tokens for an X amount of essence since the zealot armor sets have also been updated are more appealing for use. If you have any other ideas along these lines then please do feel free to discuss it so we can reach a more refined list of things that can be added into the token shop for possible later implementation in-game. But overall this is a good start to the suggestion.

I am so sorry that it took so long to reply. I've been busy with certain cake shenanigans that have led me to buying 4 tubs of frosting and a whole can of rainbow sprinkles from Target. Anyways, I would love to further discuss token shop ideas with you, Arpzz. Shall I come up with a list of ideas and direct message it to you?

Arpz

Recruit
Staff member
Recruit
I am so sorry that it took so long to reply. I've been busy with certain cake shenanigans that have led me to buying 4 tubs of frosting and a whole can of rainbow sprinkles from Target. Anyways, I would love to further discuss token shop ideas with you, Arpzz. Shall I come up with a list of ideas and direct message it to you?
We can certainly do that but I would like a wider array of opinions on the list that we will be making. So that's why I would prefer if we just made them on here if that's fine.

We can certainly do that but I would like a wider array of opinions on the list that we will be making. So that's why I would prefer if we just made them on here if that's fine.
Alright, I’ll certainly get a list together and post them on here. :D

MajesticMuffin

Backpacker
Honestly, the only things I've bought from item shop for the past 2 maps are keys/crates, obsidian for sotw, hoppers, and golden apples due to the fact that everything else (in my opinion) is too overpriced and/or not useful enough for me to spend my tokens on. So adding items and/or changing prices of the current items would be great. +1

Hey, really sorry to keep bothering you, but I have an idea thingie. Is it ok if I make a google doc and get an invite link, post it around a few of the realm's chat and ask people to put down what they would like to see on the token shop so I can get everyone's opinion? Would that get me in trouble?

Arpz

Recruit
Staff member
Recruit
Hey, really sorry to keep bothering you, but I have an idea thingie. Is it ok if I make a google doc and get an invite link, post it around a few of the realm's chat and ask people to put down what they would like to see on the token shop so I can get everyone's opinion? Would that get me in trouble?
That's actually a great idea! Go for it, it will make sure we get even more feedback on all the new little things we may be proposing. Also, are you on the player content team?

That's actually a great idea! Go for it, it will make sure we get even more feedback on all the new little things we may be proposing. Also, are you on the player content team?

Sadly, I'm not. I've been thinking about applying for it, but I have some school I'm trying out for and If I make it I won't be able to get on Desteria much. So I have to wait until I get the results back in a few months.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, so you probably already saw the link in-game, but here it is. It's hard getting people to actually believe me and crap and getting them to actually participate. I mean I can understand. If there was a rand screaming on my main realm about token shop remodeling I would be kinda weirded out too. Still, love Desty tho. Gotta figure out a better way to get this out though.

Last edited:

Arpz

Recruit
Staff member
Recruit
So this past week myself and @MysticalTrashcan have spent our spare time collating all the range of feedback we got on the google forms. I am happy to announce that with 30 replies, this is been one of the more successful approaches to getting the community's opinion. Thank you to everyone who submitted their responses, It's greatly appreciated.

Now onto the actual responses that we received. @MysticalTrashcan made a very clean spreadsheet that includes all 30 of those responses.
Spreadsheet is here for you to look at if you wish. If you wish to have a more of a brief summarised look at the responses then just read on.

Summary:
So overall a lot of people wanted to see more crate keys to be added to the token shop, so like legendary crate keys and common crate keys. The addition of different Tier 4 spawners was also suggested. Also, a lot of players stated that the prices in the current token shop are too high so they suggested lowering prices their prices in general so that it's more affordable for a wider group of players. Also, it was suggested that Rename, Statistic, and Ressurection Scrolls should also be added just so that customisation to personal goods is more obtainable. An essential implication to needs to be added (as suggested by players) is the ability to withdraw tokens similar to money notes so that it can be used in /trade and can be sold on /ah. Also, a range of people suggested that there should be some sort of purchasable temporary rank that is only obtainable from the token shop, Some suggested that a special aura, kit or title should be added to the token shop which is only sold in the token shop and is special in its own way. Essence was also proposed to be a buyable option in the token shop. The addition of the trenching bundle + trenching cores was also suggested. Specific enchant books were also suggested such as depth striders III and infinity I and furthermore the addition of EXP bottles and MCMMO Credits worth a certain amount of experience (similar to exp bottles and MCMMO credit notes obtainable in crates) was also suggested for further addition.

Once again, thanks for all the input you all have given on this topic!

As always if you need more detail on specific responses then you're more than welcome to see the full document. Just click on this link.